Host Your Own Capital On Stage: COSsessions!
Capital On Stage (COS) is the founder-centric funding conference, created to demystify venture capital while accelerating dealflow between founders and venture capitalists. COSsessions (COSs) are localized versions introduced to expand the COS conference into emerging startup ecosystems across the globe. The more local events means the faster COS can achieve it’s mission to demystify venture capitalism and pollinate emerging startup communities with international investments.
Run your own COSsession
We’re looking for COS evangelists to bring the COSsession value to your local startup community. If you’ve attended a COS event over the years, and you’re excited by the opportunity to bring a COSs into your home town, then we’re interested to hear from you.
All you have to do is:
Step 1 - Apply. By answering some questions about you and your community.
Step 2 - Organise. We provide support, but you’re responsible for the organisation, cost, and attendance numbers.
Step 3 - Promote. It’s time to get your hands dirty. Be prepared to work from 6am - 8pm on the day. You will find yourself running from one end of the venue to another, but we guarantee you’ll be loving it.
COSs is a new concept by founder of Capital On Stage, Arjen Strijker. Designed to help emerging ecosystems benefit from the learnings and connections that happen at COS conferences.
Running events is not as easy or as glamorous as it might seem. The smoother the event runs, means the more work and more planning there was behind the scenes. If you are not experienced running events, our event management team will be there to support you. What you need to bring to the table is your network, your local knowledge, and time to focus on promoting and running the event. We are here to help you succeed.
What an organiser does
As the official host, organiser and franchise partner of a Capital On Stage, you will produce your own production of Capital On Stage in your city, known as a COSsession. Once you are approved as an organiser of a particular region or country, you will receive a three year licensing contract with right of first refusal for any future events in your region or country.
As an organisers you’re fully responsible for your own profit and loss (P&L). All costs incurred for your event production are covered by you. However, we are a for-profit company so you can keep any profits you make from COSs, less of course the Capital On Stage 15% licencing fee.
The support Capital On Stage will provide
We understand running events are not as easy as they look. To help you run your COSsession as smoothly as possible we will provide:
- A member of our team as your go to person for all things COSs. Having run COS events before they will be an invaluable resource for advice on event production, marketing and promotion, ticketing, sourcing etc.
- Full access to our Sessions Guidebook with all our best practices described.
- you all the tools [to FAQ “which tools will COS set up for me?”] and templates you need to get started.
- We train all your speakers you have on your stage individually, prior to your event. Speakers are local VCs, as well as any other speakers you might have on stage. This way we ensure that you have an interesting, well-prepared program that your audience will like.
- Notifications to all our (international) venture capitalists in our existing community of your upcoming event, and help you
- COSsessions are fully planned and coordinated independently by a local team of key community leaders. A COSs is everything you love about Capital On Stage, only local!
- Open Office Hours. The unique, founder-centric meeting sessions are where founders pick two investors they’d like to meet for 10 minutes. Set for the morning of the conference, founders and investors regard this session as extremely valuable. Open Office Hours are unique to COS.
- The Reverse Pitch. We put the investors in the spotlight, asking them to pitch to founders. Each investor has five minutes to present who they are, their investment strategy, the markets they invest and what they bring to the table other than cash. A startup found can sit back and watch as up to 20 renown VS’s sell to themselves. The reverse pitch is especially helpful if considering a long term and intimate relationship with any of them.
- Keynote speakers. It’s always good to be inspired, and COSs keynotes do exactly that. Hear stories of large investments, successful exhits from successful founders, or witness investors or other industry heavyweights as they impart knowledge to the audience planting seeds to succeed.